Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Got Fun?..Season ends on a downer...


Well those crafty Elkhorns ran into a sitcheeayshun on Sunday. 1-800 ASK-HUGH was ringing off the hook with the # 1 caller being none other than Casual himself!

"I felt the pressure of being the first GM in Elkhorn history to not win a damn thing" griped Casual. "The fun thing was just a release... who the f'ak has fun when they lose? I mean really??....."

"I studied hard in Summer School....I really did....and of course I tried to put my own spin on things....I remember Summer saying it was important to make it your own team....I tried that..." said a somber Casual Observer. "I'll be reviewing things with Summer in the off season...I am just glad he let me sow my manager oats this year....I'll do better next season"

The Elkhorn GM may not give Casual that shot. "I always said, it is about RESULTS, NOT EXCUSES!" barked the Elkhorn GM. "Ronzo is on notice!"

Casual led the team to a modest 11-10 regular season record and the squad almost squeaked out a win in the Semi Finals on Sunday night. "Not good enuff for this organization" seethed the Elkhorn GM as he was seen pacing back and forth at the beer garden afterward.

Meanwhile the Summer GM was no where to be seen...."I headed out with the family to the Goldeyes Game....they had me throwing the openning pitch....I had to be there" indicated Summer. "Hey, we can't change what has happenned...but we can change the future...Casual and I will have a few discussions...."

Notable comments from the weekend:

After the loss Casual said to the team "is this fun?" showing his disappointment with the end result of the Semi final loss.

"Fuck this!" said by the Elkhorn GM

"I can't believe I homered in a key game" said Tiny for the 5th time that weekend...

"I am heading to Ed's to watch the Bomber game" said The Elkhorn GM

"I can't believe I am Hugh" said Hugh Glove

" We had fun" said everyone who was brown nosing Casual.....

Next year the herd will be improved. Casual has changes in mind, and will move forward to put out the best team possible....and have fun of course!

Good Job Ron....and of course, good Job Herd! Enjoy the off season!

No comments: